Wednesday, August 5, 2015

More Windows 10

After a successful test of rendering across the network to my third, oldest, slowest machine now that it was on Windows 10 (while the other two were still Windows 8.1), I upgraded the second machine (a dual Xeon processor machine) to Windows 10 too.

It too passed the key test, that I can fire off a render across the network to it (that's what it's for), and I was able to move on to firing up Premiere and After Effects, again so I can keep working on 3D or music while the Xeon is off rendering a movie - success there too, other than the absence of Quicktime which I am fixing up just now.


The only thing to deal with now is the head-dizzying control of 3 machines from one central location! The screen shot above shows 3DS Max 2016 on my main machine, the window on the right is my Xeon.

Liking the new Movies and TV app on Win 10, much better than clunky old Media Player. Not really put too much else to the test. Intriguingly I could use ChomeCast to send the Xeon desktop to the TV behind me, if I wanted to keep an eye on it without having to take up any real estate on my main machine!

I do love technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment